The YWCA Domestic Violence Program assists survivors of domestic violence by offering the following comprehensive services:
- 24-hour Hotline: Our crisis line is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. Our phones are answered by trained professionals. We can help callers access emergency services including safe shelter, medical care, obtaining Orders of Protection and much more. 815.626.7277 or 815.288.1011.
- Legal Advocacy: Our program assists with obtaining legal protection from domestic violence. Our court advocates help with filing for Orders of Protection, provide information and support throughout the entire legal and criminal process, and can provide referrals to attorneys who are able to help other legal remedies.
- Medical Advocacy: Our staff help victims in medical settings and can provide trainings and information to healthcare professionals.
- Shelter: We are able to provide emergency shelter for adults and children escaping domestic violence. We can assist victims with finding housing, childcare, economic support, and finding services to address other personal needs such as substance abuse or mental health.
- Counseling and Support Groups: We counsel victims to help them recover from the trauma of domestic violence and help them gain a sense of control in their lives.
- Children’s Services: Children’s advocates assist parents and children with handling the issues that go along with surviving domestic violence. Our staff are able to help coordinate services with schools, childcare providers, healthcare providers, and others as needed. Individual and group counseling is available as needed.
All Domestic Violence Services are free and confidential.