The YWCA Sexual Assault Program assists survivors of sexual violence. We offer the following services:
- 24-hour Hotline: Our crisis services are available 24 hours a day 365 days a year. All you need to do is call us ANYTIME. We accept collect calls. 815.626.7277 or 815.288.1011.
- Medical/Legal Advocacy: Our advocates are trained to respond to medical and law enforcement agencies whenever needed to provide emotional support and information to victims of sexual violence. Our advocates provide information on legal rights and procedures and also advocate on the victim’s behalf.
- Counseling: Our counseling services are client-centered and free. Our counselors provide short-term counseling to survivors to help them cope with the trauma of the sexual assault.
- Community Education/Professional Training: We provide public education and professional training to schools, civic groups, law enforcement, medical personnel and other concerned individuals. Presentations can be tailored to meet the specific needs of a group. Call us for more information.
- Information and Referral: We provide information on sexual violence, from statistics to coping mechanisms, to people looking for information. Additionally, networking, referrals, and advocacy are available to survivors to ensure they have access to all the resources they need to have their needs met.
All Sexual Assault Services are free and confidential.