Immigrant Resource Program
In late 2008, the YWCA launched a program for immigrants to assist them in accessing community services and to help them become independent and successful. Some of the things we can help with are:
- Assistance applying for public benefits, such as SNAP, Medical Cards, and Child Care Assistance.
- Transportation to IDHS appointments.
- Providing professional Spanish translation and interpretation services.
- Connecting families with the information and resources they need.
- Providing support and advocacy.
- Connecting people with opportunities.
All of the services provided through this program are personalized to meet the individual needs of different immigrants.