For almost 100 years, the YWCA of the Sauk Valley has been making a difference in our community. We are committed to making the Sauk Valley a better place for everyone by working to make our mission of peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all, a reality.
We continue to evolve to meet today’s challenges in eliminating racism and empowering women. It takes an amazing organization to withstand the test of time and the perils of meeting adversity head-on, but we do it. And here are some of the reasons why this feat is possible at the YWCA:
- We are a United Way Agency and proud of it.
- We embrace diversity at all levels of our organization and can help others organizations to do the same. Contact us and we can tell you more.
- At the YWCA, we understand why domestic violence victims don’t just leave. Ask us, and we can help you learn, too.
- Our Career Services help area women get the edge in a competitive market, which increase their chances of successfully landing a job.
- We connect with immigrants and help them work towards achieving self-sufficiency and becoming a part of our community.
- Each year, we empower over 900 victims of violence so they become survivors.
- Each year, we educate over 15,000 area children about sexual abuse, bullying, ways to stay safe, and how to get help if they are being abused.
- We offer reasonably priced room rentals for meetings, workshops, parties, and events, with “smart” classrooms and wireless capabilities.
At the YWCA, our achievements are countless, our successes are inspirational, and our vision for the future is as strong as ever! We invite everyone to connect with us-become a member, attend one of our events, volunteer or support our programs through donations.
No one is alone at the YWCA-Strong Alone, Fearless Together!!